Thursday, May 27, 2010

Blog-o-sphere

As stated before this blogging thing is very new to me and I have never had any interest in all the websites such as facebook, myspace, or twitter. I have a fear of posting things on the internet, especially anything of a personl nature. I have been witness to just how much damage someone who knows there way around a computer can manipulate things and cause harm to others. Yes, like computer genius or hackers. I have known two people in my life that I have seen hack into someones personal web page and have access to things and then manipulate or send things places it should not be, especially pictures. I am from the era of my business is my business and if I want you to know anything I will tell you personally. So this will be a different experience for me. Tracie

3 comments:

  1. Tracie I understand you fear. Do you have a cell phone? or a house phone? People can get access to what ever they want if they want to. I know it scares me to death I have had my identity stole 3 times now and they were from supposedly very secure places. If someone wants my information bad enough they can get it know matter what I do. I don't say things on the internet that I don't want the world to know, but I do share things and I am a facebook addict. I hope you over come this fear and can share some of your ideas with us. I would be great to get to know you better. School has brought me some very good friends that God sent to me through school. I wish the best of luck and the courage to share your ideas. Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracie - I understand completely. This is your blog, and so what you post here is up to you, only. No problem at all with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracie,

    Hello! I understand your fear of not wanting to put much information online because of identity theft. I have watched many news stories on people being hacked. I do the best I can and I do not put really personal information out there. I love facebook and twitter but I do not say anything on there that I would not tell someone I see out. The best you can do is keep cetain information at a minimum. If someone really wants to hack your information though they will do it. Information is everywhere. Just say what your comfortable with and I hope your fears subside some. I wish you the best of luck and I am sure you have a lot to say when your ready! Best of luck! Missie

    ReplyDelete